Thread: Asuncion 2014
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
If anyone mentions that I got my truck stuck in the surf, you should question any and all input that person has on this trip.
Nor did he lose a dodo off the gaff on the way into the hull of his Trident.

STAY! Good truck.

Got one of these and 3 jacksmelt off of Pta Baja on mussel lips.

Saw these after Catavina. Hey look, 3 ass' asses!

Saw lots of these.

Caught 7682 of these.

Found a few of these.

On these.

Spent the first 1/2 day and the subsequent 2 days paddling and casting like a lunatic for these. Finally I tied on a more than decade old pili popper, and cast out as a test of distance and action. It worked well, and a curious dorado chased it to the boat. I cast again 90deg to my R and two pops and a miss, third pop and 2 are fighting over it and it came tight. Small but tasty.

Sheepheadhead.

"I got some yellows and a dorado" beer.

Clicked off a lot of miles and cranked a lot of yards, 100-200ft at a time. Wasn't wfo but it was interesting enough to keep at it. Water was Bombay blue and we could see structure in 60+ft. Flyers were the only bait around.

I enjoyed the trip and company. I'm glad Bob you're getting better from your cold, and Sven too. We were worried about you, Sven. You slept the clock around on our departure day. Glad you bounced back for moonlight walks on the beach with your rod. Heh.

Hasta proxima.