Thread: Oct. Sub. Video
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
kurtfish

Pond Butts

Greg, Are all of your submittals bottom feeders? You need to change your screen name to HaliKing. That was the smoothest gaffing and landing I have ever seen. You did not even get slimmed. I am not sure your calm holding over the side technique would work for Yellowtail or WSB that seem to protest a bit more to being stuck with a gaff.

I don't seem to have the patience for Hali fishing. No Hali slim on my ride. I am not too big on eating bottom dwellers from our polluted local bays. Give me the open water and Pelagics. The anticipation of the surf launch and landing also adds to the attraction for me. If I want to complete for a top spot next year I guess I might need to learn some patience and maybe a catch a release over the side technique. I am not sure if I could get a measurement without getting slimmed. Maybe, a wooden yardstick would work? Getting a weight without ruining the slim and putting a hole in the mouth might be tough. Net landing and weighing the netted fish could work. The yak cam is a great tool that could make release submittals viable. Thanks for the Hali landing lesson.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote