View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #11
ronbo613
Waterman At Large

I had an Eagle on my kayak for years and they worked well in salt and fresh water. Nothing fancy, I'm a believer using a fishfinder and handheld GPS because I don't really use a GPS that often. The fishfinder stopped working due to a bad cable, instead of replacing the transducer/power cable, I decided to get a Lowrance Elite 3X. I don't need a lot from a fishfinder, for less than $100, the Elite 3X looked good. I say "looked" because the one I got was defective. Lowrance is sending a replacement transducer/power cable to test the unit.

I was thinking of getting a DSI or CHIRP model and I emailed Lowrance for some pre sales and technical information four times without a single response so that made the lowest price model look even more of a safe buy. I know this stuff happens, but cutting corners on quality control by using customers to test their products is pretty poor business. Hopefully, things will get straighted out and the Elite 3X will be a decent fishfinder, but this is surely starting out on the wrong foot.