View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #8
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Thanks Lol and yeah I was one of those guys at the shoreline with a headlamp on waiting for it to get light enough to see any waves. Intervals had me a bit worried so I waded out to waist-high water and hopped on. Bait boils made getting bait easy. Was lookin for marks on the finder when the boils would pop up next to me. Like "Oh... there's bait I guess." And I can relate to the sea lions because after long time flylining my only greenback, it eventually got taken by a sea lion, even though I saw it coming and cranked it in as fast as I could!
Yeah I was one of those setting up in the dark. I remember seeing you because I recognize the blue and white Passport. You provably saw me I was in the Solo Skiff. I'm hitting LJ again in the morning and hoping for another yellowtail like the trip a week ago Thursday, only bigger. Couldn't make it last week due to the Valley fire and needing to be ready to evacuate when otherwise I would have been fishing La Jolla.