View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
THE DARKHORSE

That's the funny part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
That's cool Josh. Nice work. Do yellows ever go crazy when you pull 'em out of the water and pick them up like that?

The original intent of the helmet camera isn't what most people think. It's not some high-tech form of self glorification, more "seeing is believing" for most people, and I would rather use actual footage, than having to type a novel that gives people an opportunity to call . Some people love to read the "play by play" while at work, or during that first cup of coffee in the morning (This Guy). The helmet cam will offer the best of both worlds, and allow those that "need to see proof" everything they need at the click of a button.

The process of releasing big fish is a perfect example. I can tell people how calm Yellowtail are, while being carefully placed on deck, but the fear of the unknown tends to rule out personal judgement in most cases. If handled properly, with good intentions in your heart (they can feel it, just like your dog at home knows when your about to leave), Yellowtail are completely calm, not moving a muscle and allowing you to safely remove the hook 99.9% of the time. I think way more trophy fish would be released if people knew just how easy it is, and sadly gaffing and clipping seems the only option for most anglers. Like anything else, you can write a book with a 1,ooo tips that will make the release process go smoothly, but I will save that for the "how to release a trophy post" (with video ).