Thread: The Chit List
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Both Hatchetman and Deepdiver bring up good points. Let me add another. Labeling someone or some group as the enemy simply because they have an association with someone or some group that opposes our point of view is dangerous. We should make sure that we have always the facts in hand before we form an opinion or make an accusation.

Labeling all environmentalists as the enemy is just as big of a reach as saying that HP is against us just because Packard helped found the company.

I consider myself an environmentalist and suspect that the majority of my kayak fishing friends share my concerns relating to most environmental issues. One can support protecting the environment without joining the enemy camp. There is a much more reasonable middle ground.

The big difference between us and the radicals who we are fighting is perspective. Radicals, whether they are political, religious or environmental all share one common trait. They are mioptic to the point that they cannot see any point of view other than their own. This kind of ignorance creates an enemy that can be difficult to fight. On the other hand, they all have one huge weakness. They cannot stand up to the truth.

Let's make sure that we always keep this weapon close by and untarnished.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote