Thread: LJ shores FYI
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
I would like to see that happen. More likely, the city siphons off 90% of the revenue and leaves a half-assed system in place that is no better than the current one. A city in dire financial straights that has repeatedly mismanaged the city budgets wants to initiate a new revenue stream. I don't know why you would believe them when they say that the revenues generated would go towards fixing that particular problem.
Couldn't have said it better. A great program would benefit everyone, but our illustrious corrupt government has a way of really retarding the whole financial end of things. To them 1+2= not 3, but a payback plan to fix our aging pipes, that has a payback plan to fix the under budgeted schools, which has a payback plan to hire more police and firemen, which has a payback plan for the pension which has a payback plan for the downtown development, which has a payback plan for the current imminent domain process, which lines the pockets of all of our politicians. Trust me these developers and contractors are not working for free!

OK... I feel better now... Off my soap box... Sometimes ya just gotta vent at the inadequacy of our leaders.

But in my opinion giving them more income flow is great in theory, but very bad in practice! It's not a good solution for anyone!
Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote