Thread: Haggertys PV
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
plantsoncolors
Junior

Haggertys PV

Took my sup out to Havgertys in Palos verdes this morning.

Water was warm, boat guy said 68. Beach was empty other than surfers when i launched.

Kelp looked in so so shape. The leaves had a bunch of spots on them but the strands were sturdy.

Paddled up to the cove and the water got murky right when i got in the bay so i chased some birds about a quarter mile out. Landed 5 barracuda, with one being legal so i kept it. Get to skip a trip to the store. Lots of cool skiff people, everyone was friendly. I think were all a bit lonely these days.

Fished from 8-11:30ish. I stuck in kelp close to shore at first with shrimp and swimbaits for no bites. Didnt see anyone else catching. the barracuda started biting about 1/4 mile off the rocks at 9:30 ish. The water gets a bit murky outside of the kelp but didnt stop the fish. Not red tide though, i think, it was definitely green.

The Barracuda destroyed my 5 inch swimbaits so i switched to a crocidile. They didnt like that as much but got my keeper fish with it. Really fun chasing birds and throwing spoons so close to home after being cooped up.

The beach was pretty packed when i got in and i left my mask in the car like a dummy. Id say 60% of people had masks which is great compared to what ive seen. Anyway, barracuda are fun!
plantsoncolors is offline   Reply With Quote