View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
chris138
donkey roper

LJ Scouting 12-19

While all normal sane people were on the couch watching football with a snuggie and a cup of hot cocco, myself and a couple other brave souls launched into 20-30 kt SE winds to see what is going on in the cove right now. With the direction of the gale, it was actually fishable near the kelp. I have had a special connection with the squid lately; they sense my power and seek the life essence. But I could not make one single squirt yesterday for the first time in months, i think they are super deep. There were eggs though. After trying every trick in my book, I went and holed up in the kelp and dropper'd some fresh frozen for a couple calicos and my PB blacksmith perch, a donkey 1.5#er. Got one solid strike in the kelp that didn't stick (elusive jaguar shark). Water did look a little cleaner by the reserve than it has been. Made about 1 kt coming headlong into the stormy offshores.

On a side note, did you know that a hobie livewell will drop right into an x-factor with virtually no modification? Amazing the blasphemous discoveries you can make on a day where you know you're gonna get skunked. And I'm pretty sure it was a narwhal that flipped that guy...

-Blevins
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote