Thread: reel set up
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
Green spectra is too stealthy if you're fishing with other people and you need to keep track of your line. I prefer white or yellow or anything other than green . As long as I'm using a leader or topshot the spectra color doesn't matter... as long as I can see it to avoid tangles it's all good.
You know I hear this argument all the time but it's funny that I never hear the argument that clear mono is too stealthy or that you can't see it well enough if you fish around others.

There were three big myths about spectra when it first came out. That it would cut into guides, injure you, or can't be seen well enough. I've not seen any of those probems when fishing.

Mono is certainly harder to see then green spectra, but I don't hear anyone saying we should go back to dacron.

You want green power pro for two reasons. One you can get away with shorter topshots and still get bit which will give you a distanct advantage if the fish get's in the kelp, and two it has a rougher texture to the weave that allows it to cut thorugh kelp much easier, which is another distanct advantage over other spectra if the fish get's in the kelp.

Done deal...

Everyones entitled to an opinion but my opinion is green Powerpro spectra is all I fish. It rocks!!

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote