View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
jbl_91762

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook1fred View Post
Not looking for specific spots just general info. My original plan for this Sunday was hit La Jolla but predicted swell conditions kinda made me change my plans. New plans are to fish Dana for the first time and go after Hali's. I plan on either catching bait or if I'm short on time swinging by the barge and buying some. Now my question is since I've never fished out there before when leaving the harbor do you guys turn left, right or straight out. Also if there is a swell how would leaving the harbor be as far as waves. Since I've never fished out there any info would be cool thanks guys
I have limited info as I've only fished it three times. Not sure if the bait barge is open this time of year. Pay the $10 to park at boat launch and save you time, plus there is a wash station once your done. Short paddle to outlet and you will encounter swells right away at the mouth of jetty. I've seen boats catch bait just past mouth. Now Where the Butt are I have no clue as I've been skunked each time and its probably a close guarded secret lol. Good luck be safe with the big swells.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote