View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

A Good Problem to Have

The last two trips I have made down to LJ, there hasn't been anyone there to take a photo for me when I have caught fish. Although it's a bummer to not get a cool OTW shot, it's a good problem to have if you ask me

For example, here's a beautiful, fat fish featured in a shitty cooler shot

Strong fish that particularly loved the kelp

Here's another beautiful fish that had the most ridiculous coloring

A smaller grade fish that fought admirably.. just not quite hard enough

Then, minutes later, I hooked in to what I had been looking for, his bigger cousin

But I was caught with my pants down, too busy dicking around trying to get the perfect bendo shot. The fish got a little slack, and lived to tell the tale

Interestingly, both of these fish were hooked on ridiculously small greenies. Found a big school of these little guys and loaded up

Just bumped down the hook size, and I was good to go. It was actually kinda fun, the calicos and cuda loved these things too. And damn, I love my Pro Angler. This thing fishes like a damn boat. Some of the things I have seen while standing are incredible.. I'm talking schools of 200+ yellowtail swimming by, fish blowing up on my jig, even had a school of about 15 follow and swirl on my jig all the way to the boat!

Speaking of boat fishing, I had a pretty epic trip on the Malihini this past week. Smaller grade of fish ~ 15 lbers but down right crazy fun. I had 13, including 8 on the surface iron, and got my cousin on his first! And then 6 more!!

This one is proof that the right camera angle changes everything

If only he knew how to hold the damn things

Now time to get some tuna
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote