View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
roby
CEO of Team Roby

MBF @ Irvine 12/10/11

The day started with all the kayakers showing up before 6am. I arrived at 5:30 and there was already a line of 50 or so cars. We got the fees and money for the MBF all squared away fairly quickly. $150 would go to the kayaker with the heaviest stringer.

Several kayakers launched right at 6am and started trolling. In the first 2 hours a handful of kayakers had one trout on board and a couple had already hooked up two. Ron eventually got the first limit by 10:30. I had a big zero and decided to change my rig to something that was working for me in my previous trips to Irvine. In ten minutes, I had my first trout on board.

By 11, Jorluivil had his limit, and was making his way back to the launch. I met up with George and while we were paddling I got my second trout. Ericko, during this time, was heading in as well with two trout on his stringer. At mid-lake, Erick got two more, making 4 on his stringer. I got another hook up near the boat dock when I began to see many of the kayakers coming in to make the 1pm deadline.

At 12:47, Erick was looking for one more trout to make his limit, and I was hoping to catch a decent sized trout to round out my three. Near Woody's Cove, Erick and I hooked up at the same time. We both reeled up our fish and took off to the tackle store. I didn't have a chance of winning, but Erick did with his limit.

In the end, Erick's last fish with just minutes left before the deadline helped him get the win....

1st - ericko - 5 trout = 10.8
2nd - Ron - 5 trout = 10
3rd - jorluivil - 5 trout = 8.27
4th - Anthony - 4 trout = 7.10
4th - roby - 4 trout = 7.10
5th - tagyak - 2 trout = 5.2

mtnbykr2 = 3
stinkymatt = 3

Ericko

Ron

Mr. 2000
roby is offline   Reply With Quote