View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Well here it is, the 20th of May and I hav yet to catch my first May yellow and my goal of catching at least one each month was in jeopardy. There are a lot of excuses. A big South swell kept me on the beach for a few days at the beginning of the month. Then the May winds which normally kick in around noon were hitting hard at 9 am or even earlier which limited my time on the water. Then I the water temp took a dive. Went from 68 on a Tuesday to 55 on the following Saturday. Then I took a week to meet Andy and his posse in Bahia Gonzaga. Ne dress to say I was stressed when I hit the water this morning. It turned out to be a pretty nice day. Little wind until noon. Stuck my first May yellow at about 8:00. Nothing special but since my freezer was getting depleted I decided to harvest this 20 pounder.

Attachment 15561

Landed number 2 at about 8:30. It was a bit larger. Taped out at 24 lbs. Refused to sign the waiver so no picture. Hooked a third about a half hr later but came unbuttoned after about 5 minutes. OK, bring on June.
Life is good, congratulations amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote