View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
FARRIER

Please don't feed the dogs

On a recent trip to our favorite fishery the weather was outstanding, the water was uncrowded, and a few of us were enjoying our beloved past time. I had an extremely large mac on the fly line. There was a seal very close to me and I thought he was feeding on my bait. I got those three bursts from the clicker and gave a good stern hook set just for retribution. Bam this is no dog! Straight down this bad boy goes into the kelp, deep! This is the first time i have been buried. My braid does its job. I finally get this bad boy to color and the dog grabs it's tail. I reel and paddle towards him as fast as I can ready to give this guy the five finger death punch. when dog number 2 grabs a hold of its belly. Now im wishing for a miracle and the kelp does me a favor. it wraps the YT and spins it within arms reach, seal number one still in tow. One swift nock from my gaff and a lucky gaff job on the way back, this bad boy is home. Minimal damage was done to the fish and it was an awesome day on the water. Wanted to thank Josh for his tid bit about icing your fish for a good 24 hours minimum. It really made the fillet process cleaner, and the meat was outstanding. One thing i got to see on this trip that was an awesome site was YT feeding on bait directly below my kayak. Anyways good luck to everyone out there!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App