View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
absentx

ah great video! They definitely make the case there.

But, I have also severely bent my conventional Mirage drive doing the same thing. I assume the new kick up fins would make all the difference in a rocky river situation.

There are a lot of scenarios though where things can get ugly in a shallow river with a mirage drive. First lets say you beached it or have to get out of your boat to move it to another location to regain depth...well, the drive is impossible to get out of a boat that has no clearance below it, plus you would have to bungee the drive into the foot forward position while you are out of the boat otherwise the second you get it to deeper water your fins are falling down again and running into stuff.

@flounder that is kind of what I figured re the canoe comment. It can't be worse than a canoe, so I figured that might make it okay...but again, I don't even take my drive along on this ten day trip because the River is so shallow and the drive would just get in the way.

However - a drive with kick up fins that would avoid damage, might all of the sudden be an asset. Usually we view this trip as a one way trip. If you pass a hole, that's it. To be able to hover over a hole or adjust to hit better casting spots with the foot drive would be amazing.
absentx is offline   Reply With Quote