View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #9
Salty

Some great fish you got there! Here are some of my faves from 2021:
1) Sheephead in La Jolla. This one stands out because of the bait I caught it on- a 7" Spanish Mackerel on a heavy Carolina rig. Was not the target I was hoping for, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless! Released after the pic

2) Black Sea Bass in Dana Point. Catch these fairly frequently further south in LJ and off the boat around San Mateo Point, but this one was a surprise because of where I caught it- at the edge of the canyon NW of Dana Point. happened to hook a few energetic greenbacks on a jig and pinned them to my flyline and Carolina rig. This guy bit off the bottom after a pod of dolphins cruised by. Also released after the pic

3) Bluefin Tuna from the 277. Do a lot of tuna fishing when they come within range of our boat. This one was special because after trying to get my cousin on the boat all year, we finally got him on board and found the tuna foaming only a handful of miles from the harbor. This is the first one we landed together. They liked the 60g Colt Sniper. Made into vacuum-sealed fillets after the pic

Hope this year brings you all lots of tight lines! My Resolution this year is to land my first WSB from the kayak....
Attached Images

Salty is offline   Reply With Quote