Thread: Revo dilemma
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
I am thinking of graduating from the Outback and moving up to the Revo...
I just have one, to me, huge issue bugging the crap outa me...
on the Outback, I have 6 flushmount rod holders built in...
two front, four rear...
it seems impossible to do this on the Revo, thus forcing me to
have to have bait tank or a crate if I want more than two rods with me...
I rarely (almost never) use a bait tank...usually only when I come down to LJ...and can't stand the thought of being forced to shlep a bait tank everytime out...so...what are my options?

question 2...
on my Outback, I have the transducer installed betrween the sail mast and the pedal well, in front of the pedals...
I have seen a few guys install their transducer under their seat...
I am contemplating installing a thru hull TX like Bing, Sunburn, and Stevoo did...my concern is this...
if the TX is under your butt, behind the pedals, do you get interferance from the bubbles created by the pedals?
the reason I ask is it seems like the hull is not flat enough to do the thru hull install between the mast and pedal well, too mush of a radius, and it also seems like it would take away some strength to put it there.

thanks in advance for you responses.

Question 1- Maybe try a Rhyno Bar with 2 or 3 legit west marine rodholders mounted on it. I think Andy has a pic somewhere of a tarpon that he did that to. Sweet set up if you don't regularly carry a bait tank.

Question 2- I have a through hull. The picture is nice, and you get a true water temp. Had it for a couple years with no leaks. I have it mounted kinda just under my seat. I don't notice any disturbance from the mirage drive when i am under way. The way i see it, normal boats are using these things running at 20+ mph and getting good readings. If I'm cruising along at 6 mph, I highly doubt there will be enough disturbance to distort the signal. If it did, it would only affect the top few inches of water, which I don't typically fish in anyways. For the ducer, I would mount it in the flattest area possible, that doesn't get dragged on the ground much during launches/landings.

steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote