Thread: Fish Report?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #23
jscott

This goes back and forth all the time. I am on both sides here. First-- for out of towners--there is a sentiment (resentment) of entitlement by locals because they live there....however-- many out of towners feel that they are somehow entiltled to the information. I understand in LJ-- chasing pelagics and the sheer boat traffic==> that there are volume repercussions to outing a bite. Not so much so up in Malibu fishing halibut, bass where there are several beaches to launch from and not nearly such a high quantity of boaters. Also, being an out of towner-- I also understand the frustration of driving down and back (300 miles) empty handed...but that is time OTW. If I get a tip from a buddy about some activity-- that is great! But I make it down there when convenient for me-- and if I am able to get the right bait, the right time, and the right place==> I'll get my own fish. And there is a special sense of satisfaction when you do do it all yourself-- and someone didn't just put you in the right place! That's why we are kayakfishing-- we can find our own fish, fish our own style, not worry about all the other trash with cattleboating...and a supreme level of independence. Get your satisfaction from fishing-- remember we don't pay for anything on these sites-- so to expect anything is ridiculous! I personally enjoy posting...because I get to relive my day while crafting my poorly worded story (inserting pics when possible!)....and it is kind of a record for me that I can go back and look at down the road to relive another day. That is my motivation-- if it helps anyone else-- that's a bonus! I'm not out to keep anyone away--- nor drag crowds in. I'm just a humble fisherman that enjoys what he does when I am blessed (read given the pass from the wife!) with the free time and opportunity to get out!

P.S.--- all that said-- PLEASE PM ME NEXT TIME THE WSB ARE IN!! lol