View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
ProfessorLongArms

Could not disagree more about turning radius. My outback turns just fine. I couldn’t imagine needing to turn any faster than I currently do. If anything I have to be careful that I’m not turning too Sharp when I’m trolling.

To be clear, what I meant was the actual controls apparently are not as good. One thing I’ve noted that’s very important is having a very light touch on the rudder if you’re trying to do something while pedaling out to a destination or trying to stay stationary in the current.

What I’ve heard, not experienced, is that the compass doesn’t have as responsive of a control between your hand and the rudder.

I will add that because of this entire experience, it’s only mostly hands-free, not completely hands-free. I have found that getting one hand is still a huge improvement because it means I can drink a coffee, eat a sandwich, Stow stuff that got thrown around while fishing, but it’s a little more tricky to do something like tying a rig without suddenly veering way off course
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote