View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #13
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
That's actually a pretty nice looking rig. Would like to hear your thoughts on it. For the price, it looks like you're getting a lot of features. Interesting that the X-Drive looks surprisingly similar to Hobie's Mirage drive. Are they affiliated with them in some capacity, or are they just functionally different enough that they're avoiding patent issues? Just curious!
Not affiliated, but Vibes X-drive clips are compatible with Hobie mirage drives. If you have a Hobie mirage, they say it can be used in the Vibe. I will be taking delivery of the Vibe Shearwater 125 at the end of the month and will post some details after a couple of trips. Right off the getgo, I will probably need to fab a wider rudder. I had to put a sail rudder on the PA, so that's nothing new. I am sure there will be other bugs to iron out, but It looks like a good bang for the buck. What attracts me to the Vibe is the 475lb capacity. Last year my best trip on the Outback, I had to come in early because when I put the 3rd fish in the fish bag, the back end was underwater. The 2019 Outback capacity is 425lbs, the extra 50lbs means I will be able to stay out longer in what looks like a fast kayak.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote