View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
FISH11

Congratulations on a successful first surf launch and landing. Not having a yardsale on your first trip equals a success. I launched at first light and the 5 second intervals were giving a lot of kayakers a rough time, due to the low tide making it be late shore breaks. Saw a few wade out into deeper water before jumping on. There shure were a lot of bonitos, especially near the point, were everyone was trying to make bait and there were surface boils going on all over. I finally found nice grade greenbacks a little further south on the kelp edges. After a while of trolling my flylined macs, I decided to go further south and troll my Rapala greenback, cause I got tired of feeding the Sea Lions that got attrackted by all the kayaks and boats. Trolling the Rapala didn't find any Yellowtail just more bonitos and a Calico. Released the calico and kept a few bonitos for lobster net bait. The landing is always a mess because of the number of people swimming or trying to learn getting on a SUP in the BOAT LAUNCH area. Yesterday was the first time in a long time I saw a lifeguard on a golf cart using the bull horn to warn people to get out of that area.