View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poxy Boggards View Post
Pretty easy registration, you just need your hull number and a sale price of the vessel if it's the first time it is being registered.
X2, i had to get Cf #'s for power boats over the years, not a big deal really.
Found these two posts that reference getting numbers for powered kayaks.

02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I found the registration process was actually quite easy. I called Malibu Kayaks and they sent me a bill of sale (even though I'd bought it used). I took that and the hull ID to the AAA and they processed the registration for $20, gave me a CF number and the stickers.

Getting the registration tags to stick to the rough plastic surface of my kayak -- that was the hard part!
Atlantean
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I found the registration process was actually quite easy. I called Malibu Kayaks and they sent me a bill of sale (even though I'd bought it used). I took that and the hull ID to the AAA and they processed the registration for $20, gave me a CF number and the stickers.

Getting the registration tags to stick to the rough plastic surface of my kayak -- that was the hard part!

Well you still had a process to register it. Also AAA is a membership requirement. Imagine the DMV knucleheads trying to register this when they only deal with boats. Then you have registration bills coming in the mail even if you are not running the motor anymore.

Yeah, almost nothing sticks to the yak. I put my sticker under the clear map flap on my crate jr. Very handy. And I don't have to display an old tag if I am running with just a paddle.

Hobie is still my recommendation.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote