View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #10
lamb

The bass master has spoken... :king:

Personally, I don't think other species should be added. I think YT-WSB-BUTT established format is cool. Emphasis on the "Whoppers" part...

Not sure about submitting bass, lings, bonez, cudas or macks... :cry: There are plenty of bass tournaments, including yearly ones (WCB).

One thing to consider – it is a lot of work already. It would be administrative nightmare to sort out all those submissions... Keep in mind that some real people (enthusiastic about the sport and WCW competition, volunteers) are putting in their real time to support the whole thing. As far as I know there is no people on BWE or WCW payroll.

It ought to be as simple as possible.

Doug’s point from spectator’s perspective is an interesting one. The question that everyone who’s not playing should ask themselves – would you be joining if access to WCW fishing reports was available only to WCW players?

Timely fishing intelligence shared here is well worth the price of tourney entry, if you ask me.

It’s not a secret that I always lobbied for private access, WCW Players only. I believe it would create a whole different atmosphere. Anyone would be welcome to join, and you’d have a closed circle. It is this “open to the whole world” aspect that turns a lot of people away from posting. More information would be shared on private board, to everyone’s benefit.

But that’s just my opinion. That was my 2 c I chipped in for BWE 06, and I still stay behind that suggestion for WCW 07.

From the technical perspective, private access board is very easy to implement on these phpBB forums.