View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 07:47 PM   #9
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Nothing but respect

I have been a member of this group since 2008. I used to fish a lot but these days, I do not have the patience that some of you have, and am unwilling to go out day after day and be skunked time after time.

That said, I still linger and hope that the fish will come back one day. Then a post like this shows up. It tells me something that we all probably know but do not bring to the front of our mind often enough. Good fishers will usually catch fish. What makes an average fisher turn into a good fisher? Time on the water is probably the best answer.

None of us own the ocean. The guys who put their time in will figure the correct techniques and where to be in order to be successful. Sure, there will be some who try to improve their chances by getting close to those who have already learned the secrets. I don't really have a problem with this because the best fishers will always still catch fish and if some of their skills rub off on a few, maybe they will become the next generation.

Congratulations on a very successful day. I am still waiting for my first keeper Halibut.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote