View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #17
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeatumble View Post
Looking for some insight here on how fishing is during a king tide.

The tide swing will be huge over the next 48 hours and I am wondering how you all have fared in past king tide conditions. Is the fishing any good or does it just kill visibility?

All of my fishing is inshore on the yak.

Thanks!
Hey! New here and thought I'd let you know how the fishing was in Dana Point during that king tide! Went solo, peddled out of the harbor around 8am Saturday right around the peak of the high tide. Launched off the docks in the harbor, so it's easy getting in/out no matter the tide. Made my way around the breakwater, passed by the red buoy off Strands and parked in the kelp off the point at Salt Creek. I don't have a fish finder or bait well (YET!), so I was just using some swimbaits. Didn't have much luck until I switched over to a Hookup bait with a little bit of "Hot Sauce" on it. Was pulling in bass through the whole downward swing of the tide after that! Lots of calico in the kelp, and a handful of sand bass near the buoy on the way back to the harbor. Wasn't landing monsters, but I'll share some pics of the standouts.
Attached Images

Salty is offline   Reply With Quote