View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #13
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Here's what Surfrider has to say about the MLPAs and why they support them... http://www.beachapedia.org/Marine_Life_Protection_Act
I just spent some time reading through that, all I can say is read between the lines.

In my opinion, they sure seem like they are trying to go out of their way to pacify kayak fishermen with every paragraph by claiming that they are also fishermen and fisherwomen, that they are one of us, and how we will still be able to kayak, dive, surf these areas...but no extraction...

C'mon smurfrider, we saw these same type of tactics with the BRTF.

Make us think that you too enjoy fishing, kayaking, that you're on our side, and want a healthy fish population as well. Then say that the best way to go about it is to close the best areas, no take, and the resulting explosion of fish population will cause the fish to go to other areas that are open to us...really?

It doesn't matter if the areas they go to have no structure to support them (kelp, reef, prime habitat, etc.) they will still magically reproduce in huge numbers!

We'll all benefit in the long run!

It's simple, and the science has proved this!

Don't worry that the numbers are down because of the increase of human population and consumption, or the lack of enforcement, nay, not even the massive increase in the seals and sea lion population!

There's no need for reduced slot limits, commercial take, creation of artificial reefs, or better enforcement. All we need to do is close the most productive areas and the result will be an abundance of fish that will relocate to the areas we left open for you!

Like I said, read between the lines...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote