View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 07:11 AM   #3
TJones

side imaging

the new model ocean kayak trident series have cut aways specifically to accept newer model transducers that have side imaging capability. I have had a helix 5 mounted on a model and it worked phenomenal. ironically with Johnson outdoors being the parent company of ocean kayak, you would think they would have made a bracket to mount the transducer which is not the case. I glued the transducer in place so care should always be taken when transporting or storing the kayak. currently I have an a traditional 50/200 Lowrance mounted and I would think mounting a hdi transducer would be possible with some ingenuity. it has been done before with the hobie line of kayaks that feature Lowrance ready. I also own a Hobie PA and mounting a total scan transducer is a pain free process. needless to say these kayaks and fish finder units are not cheap, and to get these options will cost you. I don't have a lot of on the water time or experience while using these features and can't really comment, but if you are fishing near shore, and or docks then I can see this being really useful. also locating fish within casting distance while off shore could be a game changer once your comfortable reading the unit.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote