View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #26
TheBentRod

New Video: Catch and Cook- Deep Fried Whole Sculpin &Rockfish

I could not have said it better myself. I wish I did. If you get threatened by another lurker, I have a few waypoints I could throw in. I’ve fished the area for 10 years (minimum 40 weekends a year) and I have a few friends that I fish with and have been respectful to not post the bites as they happen. I don’t even tell them sometimes because of this nonsense.

If they feel their next actions should be to try and keep a fishery private and send annoying PM’s, I ask them to think again. there are no new spots and fish are not there all of the time. One of Southern California staples is to drive the coast and see the ocean. Fishermen look at it and put a plan in place to wet a line. Lots of the guys wind up only shore fishing, buy a boat or get on a party boat.

There are 23 miles of beach in Malibu. Most kayakers don’t fish more than 1/2 mile offshore or from launch and are really happy catching and releasing short calicos, sand bass and miscellaneous shallow water rockfish. I personally travel 1-3 miles offshore on a regular. Let’s have some perspective!

I would like to remind These people (wHo feel it is their right to harass) of a board that was ignored and failed because of this type of nonsense permeated the board and pm’s. That board had great content from some of the original KayakFisherman in the area. The bashIng and unnecessary noise closed down that board.

Last edited by TheBentRod; 05-13-2020 at 05:27 PM.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote