View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Hypoxic1

I have the hobie

I own a hobie inflatable which I got for my wife. I dont recommend it for fishing the ocean because a gaff and big game can mean the end of the boat. Its made of hypalon, the same material that zodiacs are made of.

It can carry a massive amount of weight. She has had the pedals out, put the cartridge in and had both of our big white sheperds cruising around on the kayak with her. I have actually ridden on the back with her and the dogs aboard and it took the weight just fine. Incredibly stable boat. You can stand up and walk fore and aft on the thing, it wont flip. This wasnt the tandem model either. I wasnt even aware that there was an inflatable tandem.

The downside may be the cost. Last time I checked the M 12 was retailing for about 1800 new. This included the pedals, the boat has a fully functional rudder as well. I got mine used but in new condition for 1200. The other downside is that if you want to sell it later they dont move very fast. We were considering getting my wife another plastic boat and I posted the inflatable on CL and here for a few months and never even got a nibble. Seems most of the people who buy them buy them as a motorhome accessory.

Just my .02

Good luck.
Chris
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote