View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #9
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
I found this question and answer posted online.

Can full Alabama rigs be used in ocean waters?
Question: Can full Alabama rigs be legally fished in ocean waters? (Zack P., Santa Barbara)

Answer: Alabama rigs have been all the rage, as well as very controversial, in the bass fishing circuits this year. While in freshwater lakes and Delta waters the Alabama rig must be modified (only three hooks total allowed rather than the standard five), in ocean waters no modifications are required. However, if fishing for salmon or rockfish or if salmon or rockfish are in possession, the angler would be limited to only two hooks.

this was posted on wonews website in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCuda View Post
If I remember reading the regs right I would be limited to three lures with barbed hooks on the fresh water a-rig as well. Still an awesome lure! Thanks for the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCuda View Post
I don’t remember how many are max, but let me tell you that 5 are enough! I lost three of them at about 15$ a piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtogo View Post
Yes 3ea only , should be using heavy braid , with all that iron in water . Fish aren’t caring to much about size of your line . You can use teezer swim baits held on with worm screws .
hmm, seeing some conflicting info here. from what i gather above, unlimited in saltwater so long as you are not targetting salmon or rockfish, and so long as you dont have salmon or rockfish in your possession, in which case it would be 2 hooked lures total.

@fortogo do you have a source on that?
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote