View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
bryan_oceanside
Junior

In need of some help, would love to catch some fish

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the community (registered today) as well as fishing and would appreciate anyone willing to paddle out with a beginner.

A bit of background about me: I live in South Oceanside CA and have been fishing primarily off my surfboard (9’6 longboard) and sometimes my kayak (lifetime tamarack angler) for about a year now. I have caught countless amounts of small kelp bass and a few small mackerel but have only caught one take home fish so far. I’ve been fishing the kelp off Tabletops, Beacons and Terra Mar.

I really want to learn more but am feeling discouraged because I have no idea what I need to improve. Am I going to the wrong spots, using the wrong tackle, going at the wrong time? I have no idea. I get most of my information from chatting with people at the tackle shops but I don’t think I’ve pieced it together correctly. If I could narrow down what I am doing wrong even the slightest I could do more research but now it just feels as though I am doing everything wrong. That could just be how fishing is I don’t know.

My new goal is to meet some other saltwater kayak fisherman to go with and learn everything I can. I don’t know if there is anyone willing to take a newbie with and show them the ropes. All I can say is that I am extremely willing to learn, reliable when it comes to meeting up, and overall stoked to be in the water in general. Post paddle beers are on me.

Thanks and appreciate your time reading this!
bryan_oceanside is offline   Reply With Quote