View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #27
Aaron&Julie

We are very sorry for our part in beating this subject to death. There are two sides, we stated ours based on the Moderator's response on September 8th...
Quote:
or a 50lb tuna might just get you up in the money!

I think Adi will be regretting using his (1 time) wildcard after San Carlos in a few weeks
...and then Brad's response:
Quote:
I thought we could upgrade.
Now our integrity has come into question. We did read the thread about exotic upgrades, sometime in March or April. Our interpretation after looking at the rules was that it never was officially changed. Iceman's response on Sept 8th...
Quote:
If I remember correctly, after further discussion Corey and I decided to leave the mulligan and wildcard as one time and not upgradeable.
...told us that we weren't the only ones confused on this subject.
Even later the same day, it was unresolved, as noted by the Moderator's response to Brad:
Quote:
asked for a clarification,
you (Andy) said you thought it should be allowed if Corey agreed,
he posted that he agreed,
NO ONE RAISED ANY OBJECTIONS AT THE TIME (including A&J),

I may have made a mistake. I honestly don't remember for certain. I had it in my head that the mulligan and wildcard were the same situation. Let me talk to Corey and see what his take on this is.
All of our posts after that were responses. We didn't make this personal or want to initiate any bad feelings. We are not "missing any point" and do see the other side of this discussion, not just our own perspective. I guess we are as "pigheaded" as anybody (see this post) when it comes to dropping the subject.
We don't appreciate slanderous innuendos.
Also, since it seems to be the norm, our taped shots usually show only the tail of the fish. In the future, we will to the best of our ability, should a live halibut flopping on our deck allow, try and take full body shots of our C&R'd fish.
We are hoping the Moderator makes the announcement that it is OKAY to upgrade your exotic, or NOT, to end this subject. Right now, we don't give a flying hoot, one way or the other, and allowing an exotic upgrade is not going to bother us.

Again, our apologies for our contribution on taking the fun out of this yearlong tournament. We will continue to be just as generous as we've always been with our own techniqes, experiences and locales. We've made it a point to try and be helpful to anybody who asks us through a PM, open board, or on the beach after fishing, about what works for us.