View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #10
Uncle_Tomas

Launched from LaJolla (Avenida de La Playa) you can drive all the way to the beach, unload your stuff, go park your car and come back and launch. Pretty cool.
Did not see any marks at all and it seemed to me like it was the only fish around but once I got bit I was not paying too much attention to my FF lol.
I actually though right always that it’s not YT or if it is it’s on a small side. It was pulling drag but my drag was set pretty light. I was fishing medium heavy set up, if I was fishing my calico set up that would be a different story for sure.
I cut the gills and spiked him right away but did not have my kill bag with ice so was little worried about the quality of meat I am going to end up with. Luckily it was not hot outside at all and I put it into my bait tank to keep it cool.
It was lot better than I though it will be from what I heard. I would say that it’s not the best fish for searing as the meat is very tender and you can’t cube/slice it the way you can YFT. It still taste good it’s just going to fall apart. But as I said it’s really great for sashimi.
Uncle_Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote