View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
I suggest you take that brand new PA...and go fishing and figure out where YOU like things to be. For me i have my fish finder and rod holders attached to the mounting boards, it works out fine...for me... I never bounce fish into my kayak, i usually lift them, so hanging on rod holders is not a problem. Being within reach my fishfinder is very important to me, i have to mark waypoints, switch between chart, sonar, tracks, trails....all the good stuff. Dont worry about what everyone else does...take it out and do what works for you.

I have fished it...and the side rails seem like a place I'd definitely want clear for practical reasons. I can't be the only one that feels this way..hopefully my concerns can't seem that far fetched? I'm 6 foot 3 and 240lbs I don't know how I'd even get in and out of the thing if both my rails were cluttered. I would have thought that most people fishing a PA or any kayak would have had the same concerns. I guess I figured most must be rigging the side rails due to there not really being another logical option so I thought I'd ask.
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote