Thread: solo skiff
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #36
Baja_Traveler

Definitely need registration - thats a requirement for every state being outboard powered, but where I couldn't bring myself to putting CF numbers on my PA, this would be no problem.

No kayak tournaments for this boat obviously, but thats what the PA is for. The Hobie is not going anywhere, this is just supplementing it.

Went down to OEX today to look at the boat going to the shows, and brought tape measure and paper. Took a bunch of measurements for planning purposes, Got it figured out how it will be stored in tandem with the PA. Figured out that if I loaded it in the bed of the truck, it would stick out only 4 1/2 feet past the tailgate. Most likely how I will be transporting it locally.
Figured out how to load the thing, both in the bed of the truck, and on the roof racks without having to do any heavy lifting, thus saving my back, as I'm not getting any younger. (this one I'll be building and proving out using the PA as a test case, and use it for that also).
Looking forward to fishing off it for sure. Figured out that with a 3 gallon tank I could fish from Bob's place all the way to Gonzaga Bay and back no problem.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote