View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #7
kirkdavis

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers in kuwait View Post
Heading out through Mission Bay and the jetty is a great way to explore other fisheries. I usually will launch from Mariner's Cove and head out to the North side of the Jetty to make bait. Then you can work North or South. North can offer some fun halibut action and occasional Yellowtail. South, you can find halibut, yellows, WSB and many other species, depending how far you go.

Do be cautious though. It can get a bit interesting to say the least heading out. Boats can be flying, there is swell, rocks , etc. Check the forecast, have lights, flags and do your best to be visible.

Cheers!
You give a good description. I've been going out of MB for about 5 years, and almost every week since they opened it post shut=down. There's only been a handful of times I turned around or bad conditions, but yes it can get gnarly the last couple hundred yards of the mouth. When I take somebody out I tell them to stay away from the rock, watch for wakes and boats, and Don't Stop until you're in calmer water. We went Saturday and it was easy with no boats on the way out, but coming in it was a Lot rougher, and lots of boats haulin' bass.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote