View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #26
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royak View Post
Left it partly because of cranks writing multiple posts trying to defend the MLPA. Oh wait, that may have been you.
So same old Royak... Why am I not surprised.

I tend to think that people either deal with facts, or that they are intentionally trying to mislead people.

To be polite let's just say: No...you're wrong, you must be confused.... Never defended the MLPA ever to anyone. I've always been against recreational fishing closures from day one.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, it was a Jim Day that that attacked me for my "Sue the Bastards" solution to the MLPA problem.

I don't recall that specifically but I do remember back in like 2001 when some guys claimed that the whole MLPA process was never going to happen, that a simple lawsuit was going to stop it all in it's tracks: I said I thought that was unrealistic and that we had a long fight ahead of us, or basically that we needed to get our shit together or we were going to get screwed.

Then again when the same guys turned around and said that if we just elected Schwarzenegger governor in 2003, that he'd stop the MLPA process: I said I thought that was BS as well, and that the guys posting that nonsense were more interested in getting votes for their party then anything else.

Sorry if those positions offended you at the time but my take is basically I was right on both counts. The lawsuits you and others were suggesting back then were not a solution, we did not stop the process dead in it's tracks back in 2001, and voting in Schwarzenegger was basically a disaster as far as the MLPA was concerned.

Quote:
By the way, re your follow-up comment that said, "...to suggest that all scientific research associated with Scripps is somehow anti fishing, politically based or "political science" rather then real science is utterly absurd.": Jim, no one in this thread has made that suggestion.
Well imagine my confusion..... I mean when I read this....

Quote:
Scripps Institute of Oceanography, is largely dependent on enviro-foundation grant money to "study" subjects that will serve the agenda of those foundations. It may be science, but it's mostly political science.

I simply thought that you were saying that most of "Scripps Institute of Oceanography's" research was "mostly political science" your own words, which again: I do not agree with. I actually know some of the people involved in the research, and since I follow their work, I also happen to know that your politically motivated claim is utter BS.

I mean if you want to pretend I said things in the past I never said, that I supported the MLPA when I did not, or even that you never said things you obviously did say because they are still in this thread for everyone to read.....well... be my guest... because it's kinda funny and it's no skin off my back.

I just think your slandering some pretty good people who have given us a ton of information about the fish we fish for, but don't let that slow you down.

Hell.... I'll even break out the popcorn myself because if your just going to be making things up as you go along this should end up being a pretty entertaining read.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 04-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote