View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
WahooUSMA

I had a Tarpon 160i once and the first time I went out in it, I was upside down. I still think Premo and Kent tipped me over, but that's a whole other story.

The daughters boyfriend was using my Revo and I had the Tarpon as an extra yak. He had never been on a kayak before and I had never used the Tarpon. I made sure he had everything leashed, PDF, etc. I was going to be 'OK' since I thought I was an experienced kayaker. LMAO because the kid got hooked up with a nice T and fought it for what seemed to be too long. Anyway, we all caught up to him, Premo, Kent and I and the next thing I know is that someones line (mine) got wrapped around my rudder as the kid was bringing the T to the side of the Revo. Not to mention seeing the boy get tail slapped by the T in the process. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Long story short - as we are unhooking the T and the wrapped fly-line line from around my rudder, I looked over my shoulder to see what was going on and the next thing you know, I was upside down with the Thresher. Its amazing how quickly my fat ass righted that yak and got back in. I lost a nice Avet and Seeker combo, pliers, and some other small stuff. Did manage to keep one rod and reel since that was the one that was wrapped around the rudder.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote