View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #34
NICKWORN

SCHOOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak_Bernie View Post
People like me... You mean a Wetland Ecologist, with a double masters degree in Bio-toxicology and Wetland Plant Ecology. You mean people who have fought tooth and nail with giant oil companies to help clean up a spill and restore function to 38 miles of prime fishing river. Or do you mean people who have stood up at CCC meetings in Oregon and defended our right as anglers to fish over the rights of commercial gill netters. Sorry to say friend , but if YOU think that I am out of touch because clean air and clean water are important to me, then sir, I am sure that I do NOT want to be in touch with whatever reality you are living in...

I am a scientist, I always look at things through a different lens than most I suppose, but if you think that our ecosystems were in better shape back before the EPA, NOAA, NASA, USGS, USFS, USFWS. I'd like to see ANY peer reviewed, scholarly article that refutes that position. The regulatory agencies aren't always right, they aren't always wrong, but I know that through policies enacted by these agencies we have saved endangered animals, plants, and ecosystems that would have long ago been lost without those policies.

We take for granted our clean water comes out of the tap, or it's safe for our kid with asthma can go outside the and wait for the school bus without a mask. Spend some time in a third world country, Shoot go down the the TJ river and take a good look around and tell me we are worse off here.

Well said SIR!!!!!!! I think you put him in his place on that response!:lu xhello:
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote