View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #3
ivanwang811
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi guys! Coming from Las Vegas for a chance to fish some saltwater, fist time this year, YEAH! I'm planning to launch from the Coast Guard Beach and from what I've found, I'll have to park on the street. I've got a beach cart.
Looking for some company if anyone wants to join or send some good info to a landlubber.
I hear there's some man made fish areas to the north of the harbor mouth. Any coordinates will be appreciated.
Should I bring some shrimp? What size lead heads? flat falls? Should I get bait at the barge or has it been easy making bait with the sabiki?
I'm not a complete noob when it comes to saltwater but any relevant info would greatly be appreciated!
I plan to leave 6am as that's when I remember the parking lot opens.
Not sure about the artificial reefs but definitely hit up the rockfish grounds. I won't be able to tell you coordinates but they're out there. Make sure to bring your fish finder if you plan to target them. Use bottom lock to get a better look at the bottom and drop on it when it looks interesting. Flat-falls work sometimes but also try bait. Squid and shrimp work well as well as live bait. Don't know if its worth the time catching though. The bait is all around the harbor mouth. gl out there
ivanwang811 is offline   Reply With Quote