View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 05:35 PM   #10
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
Time on the water and a little luck!
Exactly! Maybe even a little extra on the luck part too...

Nice work, one day those might be legal again!
Thanks! If they ever do become legal some day, I can all but guarantee one will never bite my line again lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
Looks like a pretty rad day. As always I enjoy the photography and as a side note I am diggin that pirate flag!
Minus the almost getting run over part, it was awesome! And the flag is from Haggard Pirate. They sell pretty cool stuff, worth checking out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Wow, nice looking BSB! Thanks for the report.
Thanks man! Hope all is well for you out on the East Coast with all the storms we've been hearing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiX View Post
Wow, nice fish!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCantrell View Post
Incredible! That's a fish of a lifetime. Nice job on the quick release.
It was pretty wild. The release was definitely not as smooth as I would have liked. There was an incident where I thought the fish was done fighting and went to grab the hook and he made a big dive. Fortunately I was super quick to drop the line and grab the rod before the slack line was gone. Didn't have the drag locked down all the way, but I didn't want to find out the hard way that it was still too tight and have it flip me(Chris Belvins, you here??? Need to thank you for your BSB video I literally just watched a couple days prior!!)
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote