View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #19
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with this. This is a LIPO battery from my garage

This is a volt meter on the same 3 cell LIPO battery that I just charged. 12.5/3=4.16V

Here's a datasheet for a random LIPO cell with the charge voltage highlighted

If you somehow discovered a 4.7-5V lithium rechargeable battery, hurry up and patent it. Everyone in the battery industry knows that the electrolytes in the batteries aren't stable at that high of a voltage. What happens is that the electrolyte breaks down and starts forming CO2. Probably what happened to you guys

https://www.arl.army.mil/wp-content/...trolyteAdd.pdf
JR, I owe you an apology, my batteries are not charging to 4.7, instead they are charging to 4.2 volts. That being said if you are using the proper charger you cannot over charge LiPo batteries when using the balance charger. My LiIo batteries charge to 3.3 volts per cell and a two cell will show 6.7 volts when freshly charged. The houses and cars burning are not because of overcharging LiPo batteries in most cases, it is from damaged batteries from a crash or some other damage. The battery in the picture shorted to my pickup bed in transport.