View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #12
jruiz
Large Member

Big thanks for Roby and Frank for putting this together. My digicam quit on me before the trip so all I have is on the shore phone pics.

First day. This pic was from my last drop, on my last drift, on the last piece of kelp before the landing. PB verm @ 7lb 6oz. It looked really old

This was from the second half of the second day when I overslept after the morning session.

I had a hard time hooking in to a ling the whole trip. Finally hooked on to one at the same waypoint I got the red the first day. Broke me off after I thumbed the spool a bit to try to slow down it's run. Saw that Roby was having good luck on the big plastics so Frank was nice enough to lend me one that I snagged on the first cast. I believe Roby lost two as well in the same area within 30 minutes of one another. Right before the last session I made a drive over to morro bay to buy some tackle determined to bring home a ling. Had my chance 30 minutes in and lost him fumbling for my gaff. Went home with a decent cabezon as a consolation.

I was sort of on the fence about going to the CSDIII, after this trip though I'm going to try to make it.
jruiz is online now   Reply With Quote