View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #78
THE DARKHORSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher_4_life View Post
Awesome pictures and write ups! Thanks for keeping this thread going Josh!
Thanks! My pleasure. Long time no talk, brother. Did you buy that skiff we spoke about yet or what? Inshore/offshore is in full swing; obviously. So let me know.

Speaking of. Why anyone with a skiff would even be fishing local kelp beds, or God forbid, dragging the bottom of the Pacific Ocean right about now? Is beyond me. I saw a forty foot sportfisher trolling the thick kelp edges the other day. And had to laugh. With Tuna ten miles offshore, Dorado on kelps slamming into the beach, not to mention some rather large Bluefin thrown into the mix. Offering quite the bonus kicker fish. And this perfect Islands/offshore rig is trolling the kelp catching Barracuda. No, it was not a charter putting little kids on fish (the only thing that might have made it make sense). Nor a local captain making jumbo Pacific Greenback Mackerel for Marlin/Swordfish bait. They were trolling mono rigs and looked to be targeting Barracuda.

I digress, though, in hindsight they looked to be having a good time. Booze cruise it up! So, what ever floats your boat -- or yacht in this case.