View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #163
FISH11

Talking

This was my first Kayak fishing tournament and after not being able to get out and fish on my Kayak for the last 3 1/2 months due to foot surgery and having a cast on. I was so happy to be participating in this event and for such a wonderfull cause. I want to thank everyone involved in putting this on because I know it was a lot of work. Getting to finally meet face to face some of the people I have convernced with on these post was a wonderfull experience. I 'm still working on getting in Kayak fishing shape the paddling endurance is starting to come back but my legs are so weak from not being able to walk while wearing a cast. That hauling the Yak back up that sand hill by myself really let me know that. The fishing was a little slow like most said. I usually don't fish artificial baits other than Irons at La Jolla, so it was a welcomed change of pace to concentrate on swim baits. I used 3 different ElaZteck Z-Man swim baits and some Uni Butter. Even with the slow pace I could tell they worked really well. Kept getting bites although I think there were a lot of Lizard Fish and I did catch 2, 3 Spotties ( between 10 1/2" to 13 3/4") just couldn't make the cut to get one weighed. I can't wait for the next event and meeting even more BWE members.