View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #6
kevbeer

Yeah you know I got the day all wrong from the start. First day out since last august. Thoroughly investigated WIND for friday but didn't really pay much attention to surf, then switched to saturday (today) based on wind and never even rechecked surf. Now here is the real answer to your question...totally failed to prep or study the surf much before going in. I Was supposed to meet at 6 am this neighborhood friend who was once a kayak tour guide in Alaska...but I overslept. So rookie, never have done this before. So I was in a rush to get down there and join him. Totally frantic as he wasnt answering calls/text. So that guy went in alone on like literally a 7 foot sit on top at about 6:15...and he dunked too, but no fishing stuff or whatever, but still I feel so bad. A guy at beach later told me it was worse surf at 6 am... Anyhow, when I get to the launch at ~8, hes back in and has had enough. He is actually having a rough patch in his personal life, marital/family stuff, so we get to chatting about that. Then he's like hey I will watch you launch then I'll take off. So of course I rushed it. Previous entries were a breeze and waves didn't look THAT big.

Dude I was trying to put the drive in right before the wave hit...mustve not go it in. Or maybe I did and it didnt snap or something.

thanks for support guys.

really I think I got too comfortable with La Jolla...stay or go, this will not happen again.
kevbeer is offline   Reply With Quote