View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
THE DARKHORSE

Come on guys---do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Just donated.

My wife asked what the donation was for, told her it was part of a world wide initiative to help capture the dreaded Yellow Tailed Oompa-Loompa Tuna fish and its predecessor the Williy Wonka White Sea Bass. She said she was proud of me.

I'm proud of you, George, and you haven't even caught one yet (E for effort, though ). Last year someone won who lives in your neck of the woods; so why not you?

Seriously, though, I don't understand the lack of entrants this year. The entry fee is dirt cheap and everyone can use some incentive for more time on the water (great excuse for the wives and significant others ).

A couple of great reasons to play:

#1 It's loads of fun with a microscopic investment. You'd spend that in ten minutes at a bar and forget about it the next day, right?

#2 While some play to win, it really doesn't matter where you place. Well, I digress, it will to whomever is next to you in the ratings. I don't care if you're 25th or 26th, if your friend catches a damn 10 lb Halibut, you watch---you'll be fuming! That next 12 lb Halibut you catch might as well be 50 lbs; you'll be over the freakin' moon (rubbing it in)! You can choose to either play to win the whole shebang or simply beat your friends by one place. Either way, it's loads of fun for practically nothing. Not to mention, I can guarantee that, every fish you catch during the year of the tournament will be more exciting than if you weren't; please stay on, please stay on, please stay on!

#3 In my professional opinion, the biggest reason of all to play is to become a better angler, of course. The more opportunities you get to fish, the more you should learn. Whether you want to learn more about catching Halibut, Yellowtail or White Sea Bass is up to you.

My competitive days are a thing of the past, but If some how, some way, I can scrounge up twenty dollars in change---I might even donate to the Jim Day fund myself. Can I put my $20 on Sharon Kayak? If she gets a pedal kayak---watch out!