View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #249
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysFishing View Post
I finally had a chance to take my Solo Skiff out for a test run last Sunday. Man this thing is so much fun. Loading and unloading was tough but I think it will get easier the more I do it.
I launched out of the South Shore boat ramp in Long Beach and took it all the way to the oil platform outside of the breakwall. The water was like glass so I had a smooth ride............

Top speed with the Tohatsu 5hp was 14.7mph on smooth water.
Next project will be to copy Mark's winch and ramp set up to make loading and unloading easier on my back.

-Quang
Congrats on your new (to you) Solo Skiff. They are absolutely a blast and such a useful tool for covering more water than you could possibly cover on a kayak in one day, while only spending $2-$4 in gas. I no longer have to worry about currents and head wind, as I did on my kayaks. I found that the top speed is slightly higher when the water is not flat and smooth, but has small ripples. I guess the hull just skims on top better than when it has to displace water to plane. Tight Lines