View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #17
summers in kuwait

It all depends on where and what Im fishing for. I also will factor in the time of year, weather conditions, etc.

That said, my typical go-to is:

Daiwa BG 4500 spinning combo. I use this for sabiki in the am and then switch this over to my stickbait or surface iron setup. I will also use this setup for jigging or trolling if needed. This typically has 50-65 power pro and 30-40 lb topshot/leader of fluoro or similar.

Flyline setup - Usually my Avet SXJ G2 mounted on a lamiglass tri-flex. This is pretty much always set up with 65 lb power pro and 20-40 lb fluro. 20-30 in the summertime and 30-40 in wintertime. Connected with Alberto knot or spro swivel and usually a 2/0 - 3/0 ringed J hook.

Bottom setup- This is usually my JX on a lamiglass tri-flex. Set up with 65 lb power pro and usually 40-50 lb fluoro or similar. Connected with Alberto knot or spro swivel. I will usually run a dropper loop or reverse dropper loop, but i use the spider knot and a 2/0-5/0 ringed J hook or circle hook and a 4-8 oz sinker. I will also switch this rig up to a Carolina rig, with 1-3 oz egg sinker or knocker rig with up to 1 oz egg sinker. The knocker rig can work really well with squid bites.

summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote